Struggling to sell your home? Make these changes and drastically increase your chance of a hand shake…
Selling a house is an ever tedious affair. There are so many considerations to be aware of that even the most organized amongst us can become stressed. With all this to think of, it is perhaps easy to understand why people miss some of the most obvious things you can do to improve your chances of a sale. Follow our advice and you’ll be well on your way to cashing in your most valuable asset.
- People viewing a house will make a very quick decision if they like it or not and often the smallest things can throw them off. Make sure the entrance to your house is clean and tidy. Also make sure that the exterior of the house is free from clutter and is also presented to your highest standard.
- If you have a garden, make sure it is well maintained. Hedges cut, grass mowed – it all makes for a good first impression.
- It might be too late, but always use neutral colours when decorating. It is extremely important to remember that whilst you might like a particular colour scheme, others may loathe it, so try and appeal to the masses.
- Good lighting is important and it can be used to great effect given a little thought. Many people strategically place lamps around the home to give the feeling of space.
- Neutralize any smells. There is nothing worse than losing prospective buyers because the house smells of smoke/takeaways or other unsavory scents. The best advice here is smell shouldn’t even enter the buyers mind, whether that smell is bad or nice – the more neutral the better.
You’d be amazed at the amount of people who choose not to implement even the simplest techniques to sell a house. By ignoring the advice above, you are giving yourself an instant handicap in the market.